The public park: Boston Common with its funny statues and Ayoub Massachusetts State Capitol - unlike the one in Denver, the cuppola is not of real gold but was only covered with gold paint. Colorado rules!
The typical immigrants - memory of the years when the East Coast was invaded by Irish and alike.
One of my favourite snapshots - the old State House and modern Boston In the North End neighbourhood (Boston's Little Italy is much more Italian than New York's)
North End church: the place where the alarm fires were lit to warn the people in Charlestown that the British army was attacking North End burying ground - one of the multiple cemetaries in Boston
High above Charles River
Charlestown, a pretty neighbourhood
The view from the Bunker Hill monument, 294 steps above Boston
The entrance to the holy halls of Harvard University
The main library Bridge across Charles River (where they use to practise for their rowing contests)

More to come!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Back to Colorado
As I mentioned, I'm on holidays and therefore back to the States. Since I tend to be a restless traveller, we decided to fly over to Boston for the first weekend. I think that the picture I got matched the one in my head pretty well. The east coast is simply awesome, especially in fall... Concerning Boston, I guess it's the most European and un-geometric town in the States so far. Apart from the relentless wind it could be a place to live (unfortunately the petroleum business doesn't have its HQ there). And that's not only because of the great food (fish all over the place)!
I tried to find the nicest of the 400 photos we took in three days. I hope you like my choice...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment