Vienna Central Cemetary - Beethoven's grave
A memory for Maestro Mozart. His body was buried somewhere else and couldn't be found until now.
Good old Johann Strauß, the "King of Waltz"
Ludwig Boltzmann, reduced to his famous formula "S = k*log W" (describing entropy S as a function of number of possible microstates W corresponding to the macroscopic state of a system; http://en.wikipedia.org/)
Georg and Katrin in a pub along the "Guertel" (called "Sparks")
After a long night dancing like fools, Andi and I decided to chill out with some animals which normally don't make too much noise - fish - to prevent our heads from bursting :-). So we went to the "House of the Sea". Unfortunately the fish section was not as entertaining as their tropical house where birds, turtles and monkeys can move as they want. I found this little dude especially cute:
Eventually we were hungry and decided to try a delicious oriental restaurant. I was surprised how good the food was! And those colors...
Or were the drinks orange?
We went for a walk through the 7th district to digest more easily. And I found out that Vienna can also be a lot more quiet and original than I thought... Backyard in Spittelberggasse
Another example of car-free, old school Vienna
Feeding set for the really cool babies (or the really crazy parents who buy it)
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Vienna weekend after all
After more than a month at home, it was more than time to get out and see something different... another good reason was not having seen of my dearest friends from Leoben for too long. So I took the train to go to Vienna where I met those who I had missed so much. And for a weekend full of contrasts: nights out partying and days in places not so familiar to the "common" Vienna tourist...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment