Thursday, April 19, 2007

Easter in Berlin

Hello everyone, here I am - back to blogspace...
Nearly 3 weeks passed since I made the long way to the North of Germany. My thesis is not yet taking shape but at least I know what is expected of me and maybe even how to get there. Anyway, people in the drilling department are still pretty much the same, the cafeteria as well. Even the way to and from work is still the same - long.
I found a cute apartment in a cool part of Hanover where you can find a lot of small pubs and cafés. It's even pretty quiet around here and the river is close. So as soon as I get my running shoes, I'm gonna enjoy nature around here after work.
The first trip in Germany took me to Berlin where A and me spent Easter. I was excited about going there since everyone kept telling me how lively and diverse and cool this town was. Now I know at least what they were talking about.
And even if you just wanna do hardcore sightseeing like we did and spend only little time in bars, it's absolutely worth paying a visit to the German capital. I don't have too much a clue of architecture or arts but I am fascinated. Potsdamer Platz with its Sony Center and the museums, Berlin-Kreuzberg, the Bundestag or Prenzlauer Berg - gorgeous. What I realised: 4 days are not enough. But I'll return... : )

Since I don't wanna bore you, I quit here and now. I feel like I have to put more pictures to let you see how it was like.

Bis bald, hasta la proxima, a+, whatever
Byeeee

The dome of Berlin
Brandenburger Tor
The mascot of "Bearlin"
Remembrance site for the victims of Holocaust
The Bundestag with its beautiful "roof"
Potsdamer Platz with DB Tower
Sony Center at Potsdamer Platz
Hackesche Höfe (the biggest living complex of once-upon-a-time) and their blooming trees
TV tower at Alexanderplatz
Ayoub above the Spree

The cupola of the dome of Berlin
The "most beautiful woman" in the Egyptian Museum
Remaining parts of the wall
The completely worn out tourists
Emperor William remembrance church (destroyed in WWII and never rebuilt)
Modern art
Gemäldegalerie - the roof
Gemäldegalerie with its "column hall"
Jewish Museum by Daniel Libeskind, Berlin-Kreuzberg
Its inside
Checkpoint Charlie
Up on the roof of Bundestag and its miraculous mirrors
From above (the Parliament sits below the glass)
Another cool building (another museum as far as I remember)
The cupola again

Bye from Berlin

No comments: